Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My Girlfriend

She came with a bunch of red roses in her hand. She looked at me. With lot of hopes. She even smiled at me. I was pretty clueless. She didnt look attractive. She didnt have that electrifying smile as well. I was actually not interested in her. There were other things on top of my mind at that time and this girl with red roses was certainly not my priority.


She looked again at me. This time with more pleading smile. I tried to look away from her. I didn't give any importance to her. I normally don't. I tried to pose as if I didn't notice her at all. She pleaded again "Babuji, le lo na".


I looked on the other side of the road. I saw a girl of the same age. She wore tattered clothes. She was pretty much grown up. She must be atleast 15. She was not attractive either. But the fat guy in the Honda CIVIC couldn't think anything else. I wonder how would I know what he was thinking. But his eyes were pretty vivid. His eyes travelled from top of her entangled hair to the partly uncovered breasts. He must be cursing why didn't she meet her on a lonely road. He gave her a coin and moved ahead as the signal went green.


This girl was still there. This time she said "Please Babuji". I smiled at myself. How strong is this word "Please". All those who speak english or don't speak english never miss the opportunity to say "Please" if they know that sayign Please would actually clinch the deal. I thought for a quick moment. This girl is far far better than the one standing on the other side of the road. She ain't begging. She is selling. She is working. I felt like supporting her. I passed on a twenty rupee note. She gave me a million dollar smile with a bunch of red roses. I didn't bother to count how many were they. The car behind me had already started honking. As if I will live on thsi road forever. I looked back and saw the most disgusting cursing face I had ever seen in months.

I quickly moved ahead. I was going to meet my granny. I hadn't seen her for over two months. She ain't my granny actually. She lives in Agashe Old Age home. She calls me Vicky. She calls me Vicky because her boyfriend was called by that name. Her parents forced marry her with someone and they lived happily ever after untill her children pushed her out to this old age home after her husband had passed away.


She says she loves me. She says she sees a son in me and all those people in me who at one point of time had given her love. I parked my car in front of the old age home. She was waiting for me. I crossed my hand over my back and held the roses hididng from her. Granny was happy when I tapped her head gently with the roses. I said "Its for you". She said "I love you". She was again in tears.

2 Comments:

Blogger sonia said...

really touchy...
thanx for postin' it..

hardly c anyone get to the emotional side of life nowadayz...

cheers!

http://heehawdaily.blogspot.com

1:21 PM  
Blogger sonia said...

sed wt i felt...
it really ws nice...

cheers!

2:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home